So also is organizing your life...so that you can do all the things that you want to do... Which is what I have been trying to do for a long long time now! There are many many things that I want to do... and there always seems to be too little time. I think its a problem encountered by almost everyone.
Here are some things I have learned in trying to solve this problem.
1. There is no magic "formula" or "theory" that you can read from a book and use it. You have to find your own "formula".
2. There is no end to this problem... there is no "eureka" moment where you feel that finally you have become as organized as you ever wanted to be....there is always room for improvement.
3. Success comes in small and infrequent increments... so never hope for a day when suddenly all your tasks for the day will be done, all items crossed from the list and you have time for a good cup of coffee.
4. Sticking at it seems to be the best way to tame the beast. I used to get tired of a particular approach and give up soon. I also expected huge improvement in small amount of time. It never happened. Now I am getting better at it... so stick to it... keep working.
5. Being cheerful will improve your odds for success. You can be as gloomy and blue as you want about the mess around you... it still won't clean itself up. So cheer up and get back at it.
6. This particular one seems to work for me... hope it works for everyone. I found out that if I am able to overcome the laziness, the procrastinating tendancy etc.....just enough so that I make a small "beginning" and set things rolling.... then most of the time the momentum of things helps me to finish them.
Anyway... I haven't yet figured how to put the elephant in a bottle... but I think I am making some success in being able to do all the things I want to do.
Found Quoted at the local Jimmy John's Gourmet Sub shop:
If you do the things you need to do when you need to do them... then someday you will be able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them.